Friday, December 13, 2013

Wellness Wednesday - An Intro

I had this whole other life before I was a mom.  It's a foggy memory, at best, but I know it existed.  In that life, I was educated by book and life on the human body and it's workings.  Life is different now.  Now, I am reminded of that era only once a month...when I notice the bank draft for the payment on the mortgage sized debt on my big brain.  Sure, I adjust Dan and the kids some, and you know I politely offer force my opinions on practice management on Dan occasionally.  But, for the most part, I call on the professional chiropractor part of my brain VERY infrequently.

I have recently become very aware, though, that the lifestyle that comes with that - what has become just our normal life - is a different approach to managing a family's health than most.  It's not the only way, but our way is different than some.  

And so, not as a health care professional, but as a mom who is just trying to figure out what works best for us, I thought I would share some of the things that we do that are maybe not the conventional approach.  Take 'em or leave 'em.  I hope that this can be a discussion of many wellness type options out there so that we can all learn something.  I hope this does NOT become a place for heated debate.  I don't have the stomach for it.  Some people love to ruffle a feather with their out of the norm stance.  I do not.  I don't have the time or the sleep reserves for this to get heated.  If this isn't up your alley, know that I'll always post these topics on Wednesdays (unless it's Friday (sheesh!!!)) under the title Wellness Wednesday.  Skip it.  Come on back on Thursday and see some cute pics of my littles.  Basically, be kind.

Here are some items on the list to be discussed:

Chiropractic

How We Deal with Sickness

My Medicine Cabinet

Essential Oils

Bentonite Clay

Bone Broth

Apple Cidar Vinegar

What We Eat

Whole Food Supplements

What else do you want to talk about?  

I'm excited about this, friends!  I have become encouraged by some unlikely sources to share what we do to maintain health.  I think we are moving into a strange season of health care here in our beloved country.  My feeling is, that the more empowered and confident you are to manage and maintain your family's health, the better off you will be.

See you Wednesday to hop on in...
The Momma Formerly Known as Dr. Prince

1 comment:

  1. I think a good topic would be focus and commitment to well being in the midst of a fast-food, fast-pace, antibiotic saturated, modern medicine is great for car wrecks but not for ear infections, kind of world. You know, for this mom who is trying but sometimes just wants the easy way out! M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N please ABQ bestie?!

    ReplyDelete